Dal Makhani without butter or cream.
You can cook Dal Makhani without butter or cream using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dal Makhani without butter or cream
- You need 1 cup of Udad sabut.
- You need 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 2 of Tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ginger and garlic chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dhaniya (Coriander)powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Amchoor(dry mango) powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 of Cardamom.
Dal Makhani without butter or cream step by step
- Soak daal for at least 2 hours then pressure cook it..
- In a pan take oil.
- Now add jeera and cardamom in it.
- Now add ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute. Now green chillies.
- Now add onions in the pan. Cook onion until turns golden. Add tomatoes in the pan.
- Add all the spices in the pan cover it and let the tadka cookwell.When tomatoes cooked tadka in a mixer jar.
- Add one cup of milk in it. Blended it to make a paste.
- Once the paste is ready, pour it back in the pan. Cook it again for 5 minutes.
- And boiled Dal in the tadka puree and let it boil. Add garam masala in the Dal.
- Dal Makhani is ready to serve. Enjoy it with rice or tandoori roti or your choice of bread.