TOOR DAL with tadka. Once the pan is heated, add the ghee, onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute until the onions are soft and. Recipe: Rinse Gagan Toor dal, chana dal and masoor dal in water and add them into a pressure cooker. Add sliced onion and sauté until it turns light brown.
Thereafter, turn off the heat and keep aside without opening the lid. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally till the tomatoes are mushy. Add the chopped spinach and cook on high flame, stirring till the spinach wilts. You can have TOOR DAL with tadka using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TOOR DAL with tadka
- It’s 1 cup of TOOR dal.
- You need 1 of small tomato.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- It’s 3 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaf.
- Prepare 1 sprig of coriander leaf.
In a tadka ladle, heat a teaspoon of oil. When hot, add cumin and dry red chilies. This recipe really needs no introduction. If you have ordered dal tadka in a restaurant, you would most likely be served toor dal tadka.
TOOR DAL with tadka instructions
- First clean and wash Dal and soak for half hour.
- After boil it and keep it aside.
- Then chopped all required things mentioned and take a tadka pan and add all tadka ingredients and add this to boiled Dal and check consistency and if required add water and it's ready to serve.
Toor dal (arhar dal or yellow pigeon peas) is the lentil of choice for a restaurant style dal tadka, as it blends well while still holding shape, giving the lentil curry both; a mushy and grainy texture. A part of the toor / arhar dal disintegrates into the. You can serve it as it is. Or you can make tadka to intensify flavors. **This is how tadka is made for toor dal: **. Step By Step Instructions for Dal Tadka Recipe